Often referred to as a “nose job,” rhinoplasty is one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries available. It’s used to refine the shape of your nose and create the facial profile you’ve been dreaming about. You may be surprised to learn, however, that rhinoplasty can also provide a permanent fix for persistent nasal congestion and drainage, frequent sinus infections, and other bothersome issues.
Dr. Wade Han and his expert team at Florida Ear, Nose, Throat & Facial Plastic Surgery Center, are highly regarded for their outstanding surgical skill and dedication to helping patients look and feel their best.
Here’s what this talented team has to say about rhinoplasty and what it can do for the shape of your nose as well as your overall health.
Understanding the complexities of rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty can subtly or profoundly alter the shape of your nose. You might consider rhinoplasty to:
- Shorten your nose
- Smooth away bumps and other irregularities involving the bridge of your nose
- Correct a slant or other type of nasal asymmetry
- Repair cosmetic changes resulting from a motor vehicle accident or other trauma
- Change the shape or size of your nostrils or the tip of your nose
Dr. Han uses his considerable surgical skills and artistic talents to provide you with a “new” nose that fits the contours of your face. Successful rhinoplasty provides natural-appearing results that can dramatically transform your appearance.
How can rhinoplasty improve my nasal health?
Along with improving your appearance, rhinoplasty can also correct structural problems within the nose.
These irregularities include:
- Persistent stuffiness and difficulty breathing caused by enlarged nasal turbinates
- Softened nasal cartilage that obstructs airflow
- Deviated nasal septum
The nasal septum is the thin wall of bone and cartilage that separates one side of your nasal cavity from the other.
In most individuals, the nasal septum is slightly off-center. However, if your septum deviates too far to the right or left, which may be something you were born with or the result of trauma, it can cause:
- Frequent sinus infections
- Facial pain and headaches
- Persistent nasal congestion
- Postnasal drip down the back of your throat
- Persistent mouth breathing, which can lead to tooth decay and other dental issues
Rhinoplasty provides a permanent fix for these frustrating nasal conditions.
How long does it take to recover from rhinoplasty?
Dr. Han provides rhinoplasty via a minimally invasive surgical approach that greatly reduces your discomfort and healing time following the surgery. The incisions are tucked away out of sight within your nose, and no packing is required.
Every case is unique, but most patients experience only minimal discomfort and temporary swelling after the procedure and can expect to return to their normal routine within a day.
For surgery that can reshape your nose and correct breathing problems and other bothersome nasal issues, schedule a rhinoplasty evaluation with Dr. Han today. Call the office most convenient for you or book your appointment online.